Code No. : 88
UGC NET Electronics Paper II and III ( Part A & B ) :
Unit – I :
Electronic Transport in semiconductor, PN Junction, Diode equation and diode equivalent circuit. Breakdown in diodes, Zener diodes, Tunnel diode, Semiconductor diodes, characteristics and equivalent circuits of BJT, JFET, MOSFET, IC fabrication-crystal growth, epitaxy, oxidation, lithography, doping, etching, isolation methods, metalization, bonding, Thin film active and passive devices.
Superposition, Thevenin, Norton and Maximum Power Transfer Theorems, Network elements, Network graphs, Nodal and Mesh analysis, Zero and Poles, Bode Plots, Laplace, Fourier and Z – transforms. Time and frequency domain responses. Image impedance and passive filters. Two – port Network Parameters. Transfer functions, Signal representation. State variable method of circuit analysis, AC circuit analysis, Transient analysis.
Unit – III :
Rectifiers, Voltage regulated ICs and regulated power supply, Biasing of Bipolar junction transistors and JFET. Single stage amplifiers, Multistage amplifiers, Feedback in amplifiers, oscillators, function generators, multivibrators, Operational Amplifiers ( OP AMP ) – characteristics and Applications, Computational Applications, Integrator, Differentiator, Wave shaping circuits, F to V and V to F converters. Active filters, Schmitt trigger, Phase locked loop.
Unit – IV :
Logic families, flip – flops, Gates, Boolean algebra and minimization techniques, Multivibrators and clock circuits, Counters-Ring, Ripple. Synchronous, Asynchronous, Up and down shift registers, multiplexers and demultiplexers, Arithmetic circuits, Memories, A/D and D/A converters.
Unit – V :
Architecture of 8085 and 8086 Microprocessors, Addressing modes, 8085 instruction set, 8085 interrupts, Programming, Memory and I/O interfacing, Interfacing 8155, 8255, 8279, 8253, 8257, 8259, 8251 with 8085 Microprocessors, Serial communication protocols, Introduction of Microcontrollers ( 8 bi t) – 8031 / 8051 and 8048.
Unit – VI :
Introduction of High – level Programming Language, Introduction of data in C. Operators and its precedence, Various data types in C, Storage classes in C, Decision-making and forming loop in program, Handling character, Arrays in C, Structure and union, User defined function, Pointers in C, Advanced pointer. Pointer to structures, pointer to functions, Dynamic data structure, file handling in C, Command line argument, Graphics-video modes, video adapters, Drawing various objects on screen, Interfacing to external hardware via serial/parallel port using C, Applying C to electronic circuit problems. Introduction to object-oriented Programming and C++.
Introduction of FORTRAN language, programming discipline, statements to write a program, intrinsic functions, integer-type data, type statement, IF statement, Data validation, Format-directed input and output. Subscripted variables and DO loops. Array, Fortran Subprogram.
Unit – VII :
Maxwell’s equations, Time varying fields, Wave equation and its solution, Rectangular waveguide, Propagation of wave in ionosphere, Poynting vector, Antenna parameters, Half-wave antenna, Transmission lines, Characteristic of Impedance matching, Smith chart, Microwave components-T, Magic – T, Tuner. Circulator isolator, Direction couplers, Sources-Reflex Klystron, Principle of operation of Magnetron, Solid State Microwave devices; Basic Theory of Gunn, GaAs FET, Crystal Defector and PIN diode for detection of microwaves.
Unit – VIII :
Basic principles of amplitude, frequency and phase modulation, Demodulation, Intermediate frequency and principle of superheterodyne receiver, Spectral analysis and signal transmission through linear systems, Random signals and noise, Noise temperature and noise figure. Basic concepts of information theory, Digital modulation and Demodulation; PM, PCM, ASK, FSK, PSK, Time-division Multiplexing, Frequency-Division Multiplexing, Data Communications-Circuits, Codes and Modems. Basic concepts of signal processing and digital filters.
Unit – IX ( a ) :
Characteristics of solid state power devices – SCR, Triac, UJT, Triggering circuits, converters, choppers, inverters, converters. AC-regulators, speed control of a.c. and d.c. motors.
Stepper and synchronous motors; Three phase controlled rectifier; Switch mode power supply; Uninterrupted power supply.
Unit – IX ( b ) :
Optical sources – LED, Spontaneous emission, Stimulated emission, Semiconductor Diode LASER, Photodeteetors – p – n photodiode. PIN photodiode, Phototransistors, Optocouplers, Solar cells, Display devices, Optical Fibres-Light propagation in fibre, Types of fibre, Characteristic parameters, Modes, Fibre splicing, Fibre optic communication system-coupling to and from the fibre, Modulation, Multiplexing and coding, Repeaters, Bandwidth and Rise time budgets.
Unit – X ( a ) :
Transduces – Resistance, Inductance Capacitance, Peizoelectric, Thermoelectric, Hall effect, Photoelectric, Techogenerators, Measurement of displacement, velocity, acceleration, force, torque, strain, speed and sound temperature, pressure, flow, humidity, thickness, pH, position.
Measuring Equipment-Measurement of R, L and C, Bridge and Potentiometers, voltage, current, power, energy, frequency / time, phase, DVMs, DMMs, CRO, Digital storage oscilloscope, Logic probes, Logic State Analyser, Spectrum Analyzer, Recorder, Noise and Interference in instrumentation, Instrumentation amplifiers, Radio Telemetry.
Analytical Instruments – Biomedical instruments – ECG, blood pressure measurements, spectrophotometers, Electron Microscope, X-ray diffractometer.
Unit – X ( b ) :
Open – loop and close-loop control system. Error amplifier, on – off controller, Proportional ( P ), Proportional-Integral ( PI ), Proportional – Derivative ( PD ), PID controllers, Dynamic Behaviour of control systems-servomechanism characteristics parameters of control systems-Accuracy, Sensitivity, Disturbances, Transient response, Stability, Rputh-Hurwitz criterion, Bode plots, Nyquist criterion, Controlling speed. Temperature and position using analog / digital control circuits.
UGC NET Exam Syllabus Index
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Tourism Administration and Management
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Human Rights and Duties
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for International and Area Studies
- UGC NET Exam Environmental Sciences Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Electronic Science Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Computer Science and Applications Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Forensic Science Subject
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Social Medicine and Community Health
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Geography Subject
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Visual Arts Subject
- UGC NET Exam Women Studies Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Comparative Literature Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Folk Literature Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Tribal and Regional Language / Literature Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Criminology Subject
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Archaeology
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Museology and Conservation
- UGC NET Exam Performing Arts Dance Drama Theatre Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Mass Communication and Journalism
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Comparative Study of Religions
- UGC NET Exam Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Library and Information Science Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Law Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Labour Welfare and Industrial Relations Subjects Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Indian Culture Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Physical Education Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Adult and Continuing Education and Extension Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Linguistics Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam English Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Management Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Music Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Population Studies Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Public Administration Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Home Science Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Defence and Strategic Studies Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Social Work Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Education Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Political Science Syllabus
- UGC NET exam Economics Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Commerce
- UGC NET Exam Anthropology Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Sociology
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Psychology
- UGC NET Exam History Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Philosophy
- UGC NET Syllabus for General Paper on Teaching and Research Aptitude