Code No. : 12
UGC NET Home Science Paper II & Paper III ( A ) [ Core Group ]
Unit – I : Food Science
- Food Groups
- Food Preparation
- Food Preservation
- Food Science and Food Analysis
- Food Processing
Unit – II : Nutrition Science
- Fundamentals of Nutrition
- Nutritional Biochemistry
- Food Microbiology
- Public Nutrition
- Therapeutic Nutrition
Unit – III : Institutional Management
- Management of Hospitality Institutes – Hospital / Hotel / Restaurant / Cafe and Outdoor catering.
- Management of Social Institutes – family as Institute, child care and Geriatric institutes, Panchayats.
- Management of Educational Institutes – Pre – school, Primary and Secondary Schools, (Colleges and Universities) Higher Educational Institutes.
- Management of Special Institutes for physically, mentally and socially challenged.
- Challenges and problems faced by Institutions.
Unit – IV : Clothing
- Principles of clothing – Socio – Psychological aspects of Clothing, selection of Fabrics, Clothing and Family Clothing.
- Clothing Construction – basic Principles of Drafting, Flat Pattern and Draping Methods.
- Textile Design – Principles and Concepts.
- Fashion Design – Fashion Cycles, Business and Merchandizing.
- Care and Maintenance of Textile Materials and Garments; Laundry Agents – Methods and Equipments.
Unit – V : Textiles
- General Properties and Fine Structure of all Textile Fibers.
- Processing and Manufacture of all natural and man – made fibers.
- Definition and Classification of Yarns; Identification of yarns and its use in various fabrics.
- Fabric construction, definition and types of woven, non – woven, knitted and other construction techniques.
- Testings of fibers, yarns and fabric; Importance of quality control and research institutes.
Unit – VI : Resource Management
- Concept of Home management and steps.
- Management of Human Resources; Classification of Resources; Basic Characteristics of Resources.
- Decision making in family; Steps in decision making; Methods of resolving conflicts.
- Work simplification; Importance of work simplification in home; Muhdel’s classes of change; Simple pen and pencil technique in work simplification.
- Housing, Interior Design, Principles of Interior Design, Various Colours and Colour Schemes.
- Household equipment – Selection and Care.
Unit – VII : Human Development
- Child Development – Principles and Stages.
- Life Span Development – Theories of Human Development and Behaviour.
- Child rearing, Socialization practices and Dynamics.
- Early Childhood Care and Education – Emerging trends.
- Development problems and disabilities during childhood and adolescence, guidance and counselling.
- Advanced Child Study methods and assessment.
- Women’s Studies, Family Welfare Program – Recent Approaches.
Unit – VIII : Non – Formal Education and Extension Education
- History and Development of Home Science in Formal / Non-formal and Extension Education.
- Theory and Practices of Program / Curriculum planning and development.
- Management and Administration of Formal / Non – formal and Extension Education.
- Monitoring, Supervision and Evaluation of Formal, Non – formal and Extension Education.
- Vocationalization of Home Science in India.
- Theories and Principles of Guidance and Counselling in Formal / Non – formal / Extension.
- Problems and Challenges encountered in Formal / Non – formal / Extension.
Unit – IX : Developmental and Educational Communication
- Concept and Classification of Communication
- Traditional Methods and Materials of Communication – Selection / Preparation / Use.
- Modern Methods and Materials of Communication – Selection / Preparation / Use.
- Strategies for Developmental Communication.
- Classroom Communications in Home Science trends.
- Communication for Publicity and Public Relations.
- Change and Challenges in Communication in Contemporary Society.
Unit – X : Methods of Research
- Trends in Research in Home Science.
- Research Designs.
- Types of Research.
- Sampling Techniques.
- Selection and Preparation of Tools for data collection.
- Type of variables and their selection.
- Data collection and classification / coding.
- Analysis of data through parametric and non – parametric statistics
- Report Writing – presentation of data, interpretation and discussion
UGC NET Home Science Paper III ( B ) [ Elective / Optional ]
Elective – I : Food and Nutrition
- Food Science and Quality Control
- Macro and Micro – Nutrients
- Human Nutritional Requirements
- Assessment of Nutritional Status
- Food Biotechnology
Elective – II : Institutional Management and Dietetics
- Advanced Management and Organisation
- Management of Human Resources
- Experimental Quantity Cookery
- Financial and Profit Management
- Quantity Food Preparation Techniques
- Food Service and, Delivery Systems
- Therapeutic Dietetics
Elective – III : Child and Human Development
- Human Development – Rights perspective.
- Principles and Theories of Human Development.
- Early Childhood Care and Development – Strategies, Monitoring and Supervision.
- Children with special needs and Children at Risk (Child Labour, Street Children, Child Abuse, Chronically Sick); Intervention Programs.
- Socialization in various family contexts across different cultures.
- Advances in Assessment of Children.
Elective – IV : Clothing and Textiles
- Textile Chemistry – Fibers and dyes.
- Dyeing, printing and finishing of fibers yarns and fabrics.
- Textile and Apparel Industry – Fundamental of business, specifications, quality control agencies and marketing.
- Historic and Traditional Textiles of world with emphasis on India.
- Curriculum and Teaching in clothing and textiles, analysis and development of curriculum; teaching methods and aids.
- Consumer and Textiles and Clothing.
- Recent developments in Textile and Clothing.
Elective – V : Home and Community Resource Management
- Concept of Home management, System approach to family, Input, Output and feedback.
- Family Resources – Management of Resources like time energy and money; Basic characteristics of Resources; Efficient methods of utilization of Resources.
- Family Life Cycle – Demands upon resources like time, energy and money.
- Concept of Ergonomics – its importance and application in home.
- Concept of Communication process and its importance in family; Barriers in Communication process; Measures for Effective Communication.
- Concept of Work Simplification – its importance in home; Simple pen and pencil technique.
- Consumer Education – Laws protecting consumer; Role of consumer society in protecting consumer; Kinds of adulteration; Identification of adulteration.
Elective – VI : Home Science Extension Education
- Curriculum Development for Formal Education in Home Sciences.
- General and Special Methods of Teaching Home Science.
- Media and Materials for promoting Home Science in Formal / Non – formal / Adult / Extension Education.
- Non – formal and Adult Education in Home Science.
- Extension Education in Home Science.
- Women in Changing India and Plans for their development.
- Self – Employment and Entrepreneurship through Home Science.
- Programs of extension in Home Science.
- Measurement and Evaluation including monitoring and supervision for Formal / Non – formal / Adult Education / Extension Education.
UGC NET Exam Syllabus Index
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Tourism Administration and Management
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Human Rights and Duties
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for International and Area Studies
- UGC NET Exam Environmental Sciences Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Electronic Science Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Computer Science and Applications Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Forensic Science Subject
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Social Medicine and Community Health
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Geography Subject
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Visual Arts Subject
- UGC NET Exam Women Studies Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Comparative Literature Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Folk Literature Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Tribal and Regional Language / Literature Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Criminology Subject
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Archaeology
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Museology and Conservation
- UGC NET Exam Performing Arts Dance Drama Theatre Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Mass Communication and Journalism
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Comparative Study of Religions
- UGC NET Exam Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Library and Information Science Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Law Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Labour Welfare and Industrial Relations Subjects Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Indian Culture Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Physical Education Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Adult and Continuing Education and Extension Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Linguistics Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam English Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Management Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Music Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Population Studies Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Public Administration Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Home Science Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Defence and Strategic Studies Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Social Work Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Education Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Political Science Syllabus
- UGC NET exam Economics Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Commerce
- UGC NET Exam Anthropology Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Sociology
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Psychology
- UGC NET Exam History Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Philosophy
- UGC NET Syllabus for General Paper on Teaching and Research Aptitude