Code No. : 17
Subject : Management ( including Business Administration Management / Marketing / Marketing Management / Industrial Relations and Personnel Management., etc ).
UGC NET Management Paper II & Paper III ( A ) [ Core Group ]
Unit – I
- Managerial Economics – Demand Analysis
- Production Function
- Cost – Output Relations
- Market Structures
- Pricing Theories
- Macro – Economics
- National Income Concepts
- Infrastructure – Management and Policy
- Business Environment
- Capital Budgeting
Unit – II
- The concept and significance of organisational behaviour – Skills and Roles in an organisation – Classical, Neo – Classical and Modern Theories of Organisational Structure – Organisational Design – Understanding and Managing individual behaviour personality – Perception – Values – Attitudes – Learning – Motivation.
- Understanding and Managing Group Behaviour, Processes – Inter – personal and group dynamics – Communication – Leadership – Managing change – Managing conflicts.
- Organisational Development.
Unit – III
- Concepts and perspectives in HRM; HRM in changing environment.
- Human Resource Plarming – Objectives, Process and Techniques.
- Job analysis – Job Description.
- Selecting Human Resources.
- Induction, Training and Development.
- Exit policy and Implications.
- Performance Appraisal and Evaluation.
- Potential Assessment.
- Job Evaluation.
- Wage Determination.
- Industrial Relations and Trade Unions.
- Dispute Resolution and Grievance Management.
- Labour Welfare and Social Security Measures.
Unit – IV
- Financial Management – Nature and Scope.
- Valuation Concepts and Valuation of Securities.
- Capital Budgeting Decisions – Risk Analysis.
- Capital Structure and Cost of Capital.
- Dividend Policy – Determinants.
- Long – Term and Short – Term Financing Instruments.
- Mergers and Acquisitions.
Unit – V
- Marketing Environment and Environment Scanning; Marketing Information Systems and Marketing Research; Understanding Consumer and Industrial Markets; Demand Measurement and Forecasting; Market Segmentation – Targeting and Positioning; Product Decisions, Product mix, Product Life Cycle; New Product Development; Branding and Packaging; Pricing Methods and Strategies.
- Promotion Decisions – Promotion mix; Advertising; Personal Selling; Channel Management; Vertical Marketing Systems; Evaluation and Control of Marketing Effort; Marketing of Services; Customer Relation Management;
- Uses of Internet as a Marketing Medium – Other related issues like branding, market development, Advertising and retailing on the net.
- New issues in Marketing.
Unit – VI
- Role and Scope of Production Management; Facility Location; Layout Planning and Analysis; Production Planning and Control – Production Process Analysis; Demand Forecasting for Operations; Determinants of Product mix; Production Scheduling; Work measurement; Time and Motion Study; Statistical Quality Control.
- Role and Scope of Operations Research; Linear Programming; Sensitivity Analysis; Duality; Transportation Model; Inventory Control; Queueing Theory; Decision Theory; Markov Analysis; PERT / CPM.
Unit – VII
- Probability Theory; Probability distributions – Binomial, Poisson, Normal and Exponential; Correlation and Regression analysis; Sampling theory; Sampling distributions; Tests of Hypothesis; Large and small samples; t z, F, Chi – square tests.
- Use of Computers in Managerial applications; Technology issues and Data processing in organizations; Information systems; MIS and Decision making; System analysis and design; Trends in Information Technology; Internet and Internet – based applications.
Unit – VIII
- Concept of Corporate Strategy; Components of Strategy Formulation; Ansoffs Growth Vector; BCG Model; Porter’s Generic Strategies; Competitor Analysis; Strategic Dimensions and Group Mapping; Industry Analysis; Strategies in Industry Evolution, Fragmentation, Maturity, and decline.
- Competitive strategy and Corporate Strategy; Transnationalization of World Economy; Managing Cultural Diversity; Global Entry Strategies; Globalisation of Financial System and Services; Managing International Business; Competitive Advantage of Nations; RTP and WTO.
Unit – IX
- Concepts – Types, Characteristics; Motivation; Competencies and its development; Innovation and Entrepreneurship; Small business – Concepts Government policy for promotion of small and tiny enterprises; Process of Business Opportunity Identification;
- Detailed business plan preparation; Managing small enterprises; Planning for growth; Sickness in Small Enterprises; Rehabilitation of Sick Enterprises; Intrapreneurship (Organisational Entrepreneurship).
Unit – X
- Ethics and Management System; Ethical issues and Analysis in Management; Value based organisations; Personal framework for ethical choices;
- Ethical pressure on individual in organisations; Gender issues; Ecological consciousness; Environmental ethics; Social responsibilities of business; Corporate governance and ethics.
UGC NET Management Paper III ( B )
[ Elective / Optional ]
Elective – I
- Human Resource Management ( HRM ) – Significance; Objectives; Functions; A diagnostic model; External and Internal environment;
- Forces and Influences; Organizing HRM function.
- Recruitment and Selection – Sources of recruits; Recruiting methods; Selection procedure; Selection tests; Placement and Follow-up.
- Performance Appraisal System – Importance and Objectives; Techniques of appraisal system; New trends in appraisal system.
- Development of Personnel – Objectives; Determining Needs; Methods of Training & Development programs; Evaluation.
- Career Planning and Development – Concept of career; Career planning and development methods.
- Compensation and Benefits – Job evaluation techniques; Wage and salary administration; Fringe Benefits; Human resource records and audit.
- Employee Discipline – importance; causes and forms; Disciplinary action; Domestic enquiry.
- Grievance Management – Importance; Process and Practices; Employee Welfare and Social Security Measures.
- Industrial Relations – Importance; Industrial conflicts; Causes; Dispute settlement machinery.
- Trade Unions – Importance of Unionism; Union leadership; National Trade Union Movement.
- Collective Bargaining – Concept; Process; Pre-requisites; New trends in collective bargaining.
- Industrial Democracy and Employee Participation – Need for industrial democracy; Pre – requisites for industrial democracy; Employee Participation – Objectives; Forms of Employee Participation.
- Future of Human Resource Management.
Elective – II
- Marketing – Concept; Nature and Scope; Marketing myopia; Marketing mix; Different environments and their influences on marketing; Understanding the customer and competition.
- Role and Relevance of Segmentation and Positioning; Static and Dynamic understanding of BCG Matrix and Product Life Cycle; Brands – Meaning and Role; Brand building strategies; Share increasing strategies.
- Pricing objectives; Pricing concepts; Pricing methods.
- Product – Basic and Augmented stages in New Product Developments
- Test Marketing Concepts.
- Promotion mix – Role and Relevance of advertising Sales promotion – media planning and management.
- Advertising – Planning, execution and evaluation.
- Different tools used in sales promotion and their specific advantages and limitations.
- Public Relations – Concept and Relevance.
- Distribution channel hierarchy; Role of each member in the channel; Analysis of business potential and evaluation of performance of the channel members.
- Wholesaling and Retailing – Different types and the strengths of each one; Emerging issues in different kinds of retailing in India.
- Marketing Research – Sources of Information; Data Collection; Basic Tools used in Data Analysis; Structuring a Research Report.
- Marketing to Organisations – Segmentation Models; Buyer behaviour models; Organisational, buying process.
- Consumer Behaviour theories and models and their specific relevance to marketing managers.
- Sales Function – Role of technology in automation of sales function Customer relationship management including the concept of ‘Relationship Marketing’.
- Use of internet as a medium of marketing; Managerial issues in reaching consumers / organisation through internet.
- Structuring and managing marketing organisations.
- Export Marketing – Indian and global context.
Elective – III
- Nature and Scope of Financial Management.
- Valuation Concepts – Risk and Return; Valuation of Securities; Pricing Theories – Capital asset pricing model and Arbitrage pricing theory – Understanding financial statements and analysis thereof.
- Capital budgeting decisions; Risk analysis in capital budgeting and Long – Term sources of finance.
- Capital Structure – Theories and Factors; Cost of capital.
- Dividend Policies – Theories and Determinants.
- Working Capital Management – Determinants and Financing; Cash management; Inventory management; Receivables management.
- Elements of Derivatives.
- Corporate risk management.
- Mergers and Acquitions.
- International Financial Management.
Elective – IV
- India’s Foreign Trade and Policy; Export promotion policies; Trade agreements with other countries; Policy and performance of Export zones and Export – oriented units; Export incentives.
- International marketing logistics; International logistical structures; Export Documentation framework; Organization of shipping services; Chartering practices; Marine cargo insurance.
- International financial environment; Foreign exchange markets; Deterrnination of exchange rates; Exchange risk measurement; International investment; International capital markets; International Credit Rating Agencies and Implications of their ratings.
- WTO and Multilateral trade agreements pertaining to trade in goods; trade in services and TRIPS; Multilateral Environmental Agreements (MEAs); International Trade Blocks – NAFTA, ASEAN, SAARC, EU, WTO and Dispute Settlement Mechanism.
- Technology monitoring; Emerging Opportunities for Global Business.
UGC NET Exam Syllabus Index
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Tourism Administration and Management
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Human Rights and Duties
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for International and Area Studies
- UGC NET Exam Environmental Sciences Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Electronic Science Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Computer Science and Applications Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Forensic Science Subject
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Social Medicine and Community Health
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Geography Subject
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Visual Arts Subject
- UGC NET Exam Women Studies Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Comparative Literature Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Folk Literature Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Tribal and Regional Language / Literature Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Criminology Subject
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Archaeology
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Museology and Conservation
- UGC NET Exam Performing Arts Dance Drama Theatre Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Mass Communication and Journalism
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Comparative Study of Religions
- UGC NET Exam Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Library and Information Science Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Law Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Labour Welfare and Industrial Relations Subjects Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Indian Culture Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Physical Education Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Adult and Continuing Education and Extension Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Linguistics Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam English Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Management Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Music Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Population Studies Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Public Administration Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Home Science Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Defence and Strategic Studies Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Social Work Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Education Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Political Science Syllabus
- UGC NET exam Economics Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Commerce
- UGC NET Exam Anthropology Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Sociology
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Psychology
- UGC NET Exam History Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Philosophy
- UGC NET Syllabus for General Paper on Teaching and Research Aptitude