Code No. : 10
UGC NET Social Work Paper II & Paper III ( A ) ( Core Group )
Unit – I
- Evolution of Social Work Profession – Impact of Social Reform Movements; Factors that influenced the emergence of method approach in Social Work Practice; Social Work profession and Human Rights.
- Philosophy and Principles of Social Work and their application.
- System Approach to Social Work Practice; Role of Social Work in the Remedial, Preventive and Developmental Models.
- Definition, Relevance and Scope of Integrated Approach to Social Work Practice, Skills and Techniques.
- Social Work Education – Content, Training, Supervision, Problems and Challenges.
Unit – II
- Meaning and Characteristics of Society, Community, Social Group and Social Institution; Social Structure and Social Stratification : Theories of Social Change and Social Disorganisation.
- Tribal, Rural and Urban Communities, Weaker and Vulnerable Sections and Minority Groups.
- Population, Poverty, Unemployment, Under developments ; Problems of Developing Economies and Consequences of New Economic Policy.
- Concept of Welfare State, Indian Constitution – Features, Problems, Fundamental Rights and Directive Principles and Planning in India – Five – Year Plans.
- Concept and Causative Factors of Indian Social Problems – Analysis.
- Intervention in Social Problems – Government and Voluntary Efforts at Micro and Macro – levels.
- Role of the Social Workers in identifying social problems and development of appropriate strategies.
Unit – III
- Human Behaviour, Human Needs, Human Motivation and Problems of Human Behaviour and Coping Mechanisms.
- Human Growth and Development in the Lifespan of Individual.
- Learning, Socialisation and Theories of Personality.
Unit – IV
- Case Work – Concept, Objectives and Principles.
- Social Case Work Process – Intake, Study, Social Diagnosis, Treatment, Termination and Evaluation.
- Approaches in Case Work – Psychoanalytical, Psycho – Social, Problem Solving, Behaviour Modification, Crisis Intervention, Eclectic Approach.
- Techniques and skills in Social Case Work.
- Interviews, Home visit, Resource Mobilisation, Referral, Environmental Modification, Case Work Relationship, Communication, Types of Recordings in Case Work.
- Role of Social Case Worker in Various Settings.
Unit – V
- Concept of Group Work – Assumptions, Definition and Goals of Group Work.
- Principles, Skills and Values of Social Group Work.
- Stages of Group Development and Use of Programs for Group Development : Orientation Stage, Working Stage, Termination Stage, Program Planning, Implementation and Evaluation.
- Study of Group Process – Group Dynamics, Member’s behaviour, Leadership and Role of the Worker in Various Settings.
- Approaches and Models in Group Work Practice – Therapeutic / Social Treatment. Development Group and Task – oriented Group.
Unit – VI
- Concept, Principles and Objectives of Community Organisation.
- Approaches in Community Organisation – Models, Strategies and Role of Social Worker in each of the Approaches.
- Community Development and Community Organisation.
- Social Action in Community Organisation – Concept, Purpose and Techniques.
- Community Organisation as a Para – Political Process – Networking, Conscientisation, Planning and Organising, Roles and Strategies of Social movements – Types and Role of NGOs.
Unit – VII
- Definition, Nature, Scope and Purposes of Social Work Research.
- Research Designs, Types and Methods.
- Steps in Social Work Research – Problem Formulation, Operationalisation of Variables, Sampling, Tools and Techniques of Data Collection, Data Analysis and Report Writing.
- Role and Responsibilities of the Researcher.
- Statistics – its use and limitation in Social Work Research (measures of central tendency, chi – square test, t – test, correlation).
Unit – VIII
- Social Policy – Concept and Scope, Distinction between Social and Economic Policies, Place of Ideology and Values.
- Evolution of Social Policy in India; Review of Major Policies and Programs, viz., Education, Health, Shelter, Environment, Social Security, Employment, Family, Child, Women and Youth Welfare, Welfare of the Weaker Sections, Elderly and Disabled.
- Characteristics of Social Welfare Organisations – Size, Nature, Design, Legal Status, Rules and Procedure and Overall Policy.
- Management of Social Welfare Organisations (Government and Voluntary) – Home Relation. Financial relation and Physical Relation.
- Program and Project Management Identifying Overall and Specific Needs, Project Formulations, Monitoring and Evaluation, Recording and Accountability.
Unit – IX
- Concept of Social Justice – Its relationship with Social Legislation; Civil Rights; Human Rights; and Issues of Social Justice.
- Legislations pertaining to Women and Children.
- Legislations pertaining to Social Defence, Social Security and Social Assistance.
- Legislations pertaining to people with Disability, the Underprivileged and Health related Legislations.
- Role of Social Worker in promoting Social Legislation and Social Justice.
Unit – X
- Social Development – Meaning, Concept and Indicators.
- Approaches and Strategies – Growth and Equity, Minimum Needs, Quality of Life.
- Global Efforts for Human Development, Concept of Sustainable Development.
- Social Work and Social Development.
- Problems of Social Development in India.
UGC NET Social Work Paper III ( B ) ( Elective / Optional )
Elective – I
- Labour Welfare and Human Resource Management – Concept, Principles and Approaches.
- Problems concerning Industrial Labour in India – Absenteeism, Migratory Character, Indebtedness and Exploitation.
- Concept of Collective Bargaining, Workers’ Participation in Management, and HRD Sub – Systems.
- Legislations – Factories act, 1948 and other Legislations relating to Trade Union, Industrial Disputes, Employees State Insurance, Wages, Gratuity, P.F., Bonus, Plantation, Mines and Others.
- Role of Welfare Officer – Use of Social Work Knowledge and Skills.
Elective – II
- Evolution of Social Work Practice in the field of Medical and Psychiatric Social Work in India, Emerging Trends and Scope.
- Health / Mental Health Care System – Policies, Programs, Analysis of existing Health Policies, Major Health Concerns of Disadvantaged Groups.
- Social and Psychological Factors and Physical and Mental Disorders.
- Role of Social Work in Health Care Delivery System and in Institutions for the Disabled.
- Social Work Practice in Hospitals, Specialized Medical and Mental Health Institutions. Child Guidance Clinics, Stress and Crisis Intervention Centres.
Elective – III
- Concept, Goals, Process and Models of Community Development.
- Needs and Problems Related to Urban, Rural and Tribal Development.
- Institution of Panchayati Raj – Philosophy, Role and Functions.
- Government Programs and Service for the Development of Tribals, Schedule Castes, Women and Children in Urban, Rural and Tribal Areas.
- Role of NGO’s in Urban, Rural, Tribal Development.
Elective – IV
- Changes in Demographical and Social Situations of Families, Women, Youth, Aged and Children in India.
- Problems of Families, Women, Youth, Aged and Children in India.
- Social Legislation for Families, Women and Children.
- Policies, Programs and Services for Families, Women, Youth, Aged and Children – Government, NGO, National and International levels.
- Social Work Intervention with Families, Children, Women, Elderly and People with Special needs.
Elective – V
- Concepts of Crime and Deviance – Theories of Causation.
- Objectives, Forms and Justification of Punishment; Limitations of Punishment.
- Correctional Services – Nature and Evolution, Adult and Juvenile Correctional Programs, Institutional and Community Based Treatment, Legal Provisions, Intervention Programs for Victims of Violence, Neglect and Abuse.
- Juvenile Delinquency – Nature and Causes, Juvenile Justice Law and Organisation.
- Role of Social Worker in Correctional Settings.
UGC NET Exam Syllabus Index
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Tourism Administration and Management
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Human Rights and Duties
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for International and Area Studies
- UGC NET Exam Environmental Sciences Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Electronic Science Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Computer Science and Applications Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Forensic Science Subject
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Social Medicine and Community Health
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Geography Subject
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Visual Arts Subject
- UGC NET Exam Women Studies Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Comparative Literature Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Folk Literature Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Tribal and Regional Language / Literature Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Criminology Subject
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Archaeology
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Museology and Conservation
- UGC NET Exam Performing Arts Dance Drama Theatre Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Mass Communication and Journalism
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Comparative Study of Religions
- UGC NET Exam Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Library and Information Science Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Law Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Labour Welfare and Industrial Relations Subjects Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Indian Culture Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Physical Education Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Adult and Continuing Education and Extension Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Linguistics Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam English Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Management Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Music Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Population Studies Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Public Administration Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Home Science Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Defence and Strategic Studies Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Social Work Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Education Subject Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Political Science Syllabus
- UGC NET exam Economics Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Commerce
- UGC NET Exam Anthropology Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Sociology
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Psychology
- UGC NET Exam History Syllabus
- UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Philosophy
- UGC NET Syllabus for General Paper on Teaching and Research Aptitude